Cucumber Bowl

Sometimes you just need to put food in your belly, but you don't always want that food to be heavy, laborious, or unhealthy. One day I happen to be making lunch for my hubs and I realized I needed a side for him. I love playing "Chopped" in my kitchen (looking for what I have and making something out of it), so I grabbed the 1/2 cucumber, leftover sliced olives (from taco night!) and the bottle of Italian dressing. Voila! A tasty side with very few ingredients! 

So when it was my turn to eat this, I made my version of this dish. I used balsamic and avocado oil with salt, pepper, parmesan and lemon juice instead of the Italian dressing. I paired it with a piece of sourdough because I had a feeling I'd want to soak up those tasty juices afterwards. I was right. :D

Happy eating!!

Comments

Popular Posts