Holy Awesome Batman!

Lately I've been at odds with food. Either it is no good for me, or I am no good to it. You know....we just haven't been getting along. But TONIGHT I think we can move past our difference and get back to being happy and good to each other. So holy awesome batman I just made sweet potato gnocchi with chicken apple sausage, caramelized onions, spinach and goat cheese. YYUUUUMMM

You will need: 
Gnocchi (I used store bought. Sorry gang, I can't make my own yet)
1 chicken apple sausage - I used Hillshire Farms (go meat!) with Gouda cheese
caramelized onions (I made these in advance one night when I was bored. Yeah...I caramelize onions when I'm bored)
spinach
goat cheese

Slice your sausage and sear on both sides.

While searing your sausage start to boil your water for the gnocchi.
**Side note. If anyone has figured out how to drop gnocchi effectively, please share it with me. My current system involves me taking a handful of gnocchi, dropping it into the water then running like hell so I don't get splashed by boiling water. End side note**


Ideally your gnocchi and sausage should finish at the same time, so drain the gnocchi and put it in a bowl with your sausage. At this point throw in your onions and give it a stir. The warm gnocchi and sausage will warm the onions through.

In the same pan you were browning the sausage, throw some spinach into the pan and just wilt it so it's not so perky. This is "perky" spinach.

When your spinach is wilted assemble your plate and dig in! It looks fancy, tastes fancier, but you don't have to be fancy to eat it. Trust me...I ate it in sweats :)


Comments

  1. Good LORD that looks tasty. By the way, I WILL make that epic chili you made this year. Mind you...I've never tried it...but the recipe you sent me already promises something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts