$25 haul, round 2

Back with another $25 haul for this week! As I'm sure you can see this was a much healthier week of shopping, and like I said, we are supplementing a bit from our pantry/freezer. This week I re-affirmed that if you want to save money, you need to go to a few stores. I went to 4:

Safeway gave me a $2 gallon of milk 
Albertsons gave me 24 eggs for $4
Sprouts gave me a bag of carrots, a cucumber, a cantaloupe, 1/2 a cabbage, 2 sweet potatoes, 2 red potatoes, Cajun seasoning and some sour gummy bears for $6.30
King Soopers - loaf of bread, yogurt, cheese, tortillas, croissants and bananas for like $12 (math is hard)(also I went to 2 King Soopers because I had to track down some stuff)

I was really surprised that sweet potatoes were $.98/pound. When you're on such a shoe-string budget like we are, that's actually a fair amount (those two were over a pound together!). I like sweet potatoes so I'm just patiently waiting for them to go on sale so I can eat as much as I want ;) Eggs are also pretty expensive. I happen to find my preferred eggs on super-duper sale so that made me really happy! I am totally happy to have eggs for multiple meals when they're this cheap. 

Prepping for this shopping trip took about an hour or so. I scoured each store's weekly flyers to see what was on sale, and compared it to what we needed. I have to avoid the temptation to buy things we aren't out of yet, but I'm getting better with that. But we were definitely out of cheese and I was nervous. Thankfully each pack was on sale.


One of the bright spots in the day was when I decided I was going to treat myself to a mid-afternoon Starbucks pick-me-up (I have gift card $ so it's free). I've never really been one for frou-frou sugary drinks, so I just ordered a shot of espresso poured over ice. The kid who was helping me said "Oh don't charge her for that. We get free shots every time we work so you can have one of mine!". So I got a free Starbucks! Threw a little 1/2 & 1/2 on top and I had a seriously tasty treat! Sometimes the universe gives you a little break right when you need it :) 


So there you go - week number two is in the bag! So far our meals aren't getting too lopsided or awkward so I'm grateful for that! I've been taking pictures of some of our meals so I'll share them once I have a decent amount collected!

Comments

Popular Posts