Spring Break Cooking!

I forget how good it feels to go nuts in the kitchen - this semester has totally racked my brain, my eating has gone to crap, and frankly I'm sure I'm keeping the vending machine guys in business. So to be home every night this week to cook dinner has been AMAZING for my mental health. Thanks spring break! 

Don't get mad.....but this is what we had for dinner tonight:

Chipotle scotch eggs with florentine potatoes and hollandaise

Chipotle scotch eggs:
5-6 Soft-boiled eggs
Just shy of a pound of breakfast sausage (I use pork, you could use chicken!)
Chipotle sauce in a can
S&P to taste
Other seasonings?

Make oven cook at 375F
Soft boil, then peel your eggs. My eggs were being little jerks so they look like crap. Doesn't mean they don't taste good! 

Put your sausage in a bowl with however much chipotle you want. I probably used 4 tablespoons? It was a pour....sorry I should have measured. I also used a few cranks of my Trader Joe's Everything Season. Use whatever you like! Then mash together with your hands


When you're ready to roll, take a piece of sausage in your hand and make an oblong pancake out of the meat. Try to portion out the sausage ahead of time otherwise you end up with an awkward amount leftover 

Bake on parchment for 40 minutes. 

For the potatoes I cooked potatoes and onion with bacon fat on low heat for a while, then I added frozen spinach and a little vermouth for steam, and kept cooking. Added garlic at the end - very lightly seasoned, good clean flavors. 
 
You have my hollandaise recipe (Jesus lives there) but I'm a big girl now and can do it on the stove top. I'll re-make and post that recipe I promise. 

When assembled this is what we're dealing with:

Far too delicious. Glad to be back in the kitchen making real food!





Comments

Popular Posts