The Deep Freez(er) Week

I am such an inconsistent blogger and I apologize for that. But as I take time away from writing, I go back and read my older posts and I am reminded of a few things:
1. I'm actually funny! Like...I make myself laugh! And that's a pretty big deal because most of the time I just annoy myself in my own head, so to step outside of it and get some perspective is nice :)
2. I am really all-over-the-place with my eating style. But.....is that really so different from my personality? I mean, I found this GIF a few weeks ago and it's EXACTLY like me:
Puppy attention span!

So anyways, my blog has become a pretty representative example of me! A little all over the place, funny sometimes, and always talking about food :)

I'm not sure where this tendency came from, but I freeze EVERYTHING! When we lived with my MIL she had a deep freeze in the basement, and I had that thing WELL stocked! But I'm not balanced in how I use a freezer: I buy things to freeze, or freeze leftovers, but then I don't go into the freezer to get what I've put there. I noticed that tendency last week when we had a mini-catastrophe and our freezer was left open all day, defrosting 80% of our food and I realized how much I had to lose! I refuse to waste food like that, so I dubbed this week a Freezer Week! I only had to go shopping for shelf-stable items (mostly for the hubs) and fresh produce, the rest of our meals would be made with what's in the house already! Here are a few photos of our freezer as it stands right now:



The freezer in our apartment is really small. Like....FRUSTRATINGLY small. But I've done my best to stock it strategically with leftovers re-packaged for lunches, sides (riced broccoli, waffle fries, etc.) and meat I buy in bulk and freeze for later. From the freezer this week I will have: burrito bowls, leftover beef burgundy, ravioli, and pasta with meat sauce for lunches (that's too many lunches but I'm just listing the options). Plus there's a store-bought frozen meal which is unusual for me, but I like to have "emergency" meals on-hand at work. For dinner we can have: chicken thighs, sausage and peppers, hot dogs, pasta and meat sauce, veggie soup, and chili. Plus there's frozen broccoli, strawberries, bananas, blueberries and rhubarb. There's a ham hock for when I decide to make beans in the crock pot (needs to get colder I think)

If I'm on my game this week I will take pictures of my meals and make a little collage of how many things I pulled from the freezer! Maybe even a pre-post week comparison to see how well we've done. Since there's no real *recipe* in this post, I guess I owe you that much ;)

Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts