Return to the kitchen

Thanks to my ever vigilant mother, she reminded me that I need to get back in the habit of blogging as I was posting pictures of food on Facebook but they weren't following up here. 

Upon returning from Norway, I found myself in a new house with new adventures headed my way! Since returning, I've switched career fields and I'm now in grad school full-time to get my Masters in social work! Grad school is hard. It's harder than anything I've done before, and it also requires a lot of dedication and discipline on my part. Part of that discipline needs to come in my eating habits. When I'm stressed the very first thing to go is the quality of my eating. When I'm not eating well, I gain weight, my brain slows down, and I get really sleepy in the afternoon; that's not an option when I have 12 hours on campus where I need to be awake and attentive. Thankfully that semester will never repeat itself, and I have a much more forgiving schedule this time around.

As a reminder, most of the food I post is going to be low in carbohydrates, and generally sugar-free. No I'm not gluten intolerant, no it's not really Paleo, but it's what works for me, and why mess with success?

Off we go :)

Comments

Popular Posts