Italian stack

I don't really know what to name this meal without just listing all the ingredients. We had this for dinner tonight and it was totally awesome!

You'll need:
Chicken breast
Balsamic vinegar
Olive oil
Herbes de Provence 
Spaghetti squash (I used pre-cooked)
Kale
Garlic
Mozzarella
Marsala cooking wine
Butter
S&P to taste

Mix chicken, vinegar, oil, S&P, and herbs in a gallon sized bag. I just dumped stuff in so really just eyeball it. Rub everything around so it's all coated and let marinate during the day (this is really easy to do before you walk out the door for work). 

When you're ready to cook, pull the chicken from the fridge to warm up. 

Sauté kale in olive oil with salt & pepper. Toward the end add garlic. I ended up needing to add some chicken broth to the pan to help the kale wilt and soften up. It depends on how you like the texture of your kale.

While the kale is softening up, warm up your spaghetti squash in a sauté pan.

At this point you can also put a small sauce pan on the stove. Put a pad of butter & a glug of marsala cooking wine in the pan and put it on low so that everything melts together.

Now grill your chicken (I grilled mine outside on the grill even though it was snowing. There really isn't any bad weather for grilling.)

To assemble your stacks start with spaghetti squash on the bottom, layer kale on top, and finish with a few pieces of sliced chicken. 

Top the whole stack with mozzarella and stick under the broiler until the cheese is just melted. Once plated, spoon the marsala sauce over everything. It will probably run into the spaghetti squash and doesn't look like much, but it adds a really great flavor to the stack.

This definitely isn't the best picture of this meal, but it's crazy delicious. I was just so hungry I didn't bother to take a new picture once I had everything plated it up. It's in my belly....I promise it's good. 


Comments

Popular Posts