Easy Weeknight Dinner!

Alrighty -  this post is admittedly out of sheer guilt for not having posted in almost a month! But my birthday is coming up and hopefully I will have some fun cooking expeditions to report! In the mean time, here is a fun, healthy dinner recipe for any work night:

Lemon Panko Chicken:
1 boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded until flat.
1 egg, beaten in a bowl
1 plate of panko bread crumbs
seasonings to taste

Put a fry pan over medium-high heat and add just enough canola oil to cover the bottom and heat until the oil is glimmering. 

In the mean time, pound (or butterfly) your chicken so it is an even thickness. Dip the chicken into the egg, and then lay the chicken into the panko to coat. You can season your breadcrumbs as you like - I use salt, pepper, and onion powder. 

Fry your chicken until the panko is toasty brown on one side, flip, and repeat on the other side. 

When your chicken is cooked, drain it on a rack over a paper towel. At this point squeeze a lemon (or lemon concentrate) over the chicken and drizzle with honey/agave. Yep I know, honey on chicken!? It's a deliciously sour flashback to my McChicken Nuggets dipped in honey. YUM! 

**I have learned the hard way NOT to drizzle your honey and lemon onto the chicken when it is in the pan. It will spittle and snap at you. No bueno

For your side, you can steam some broccoli, or do my most recent favorite which is a plain kale salad. Take some kale off the stem, add your favorite dressing (lately I've been grooving off of Annie's Lemon & Chive) or olive oil, vinegar and pepper. Simple and seriously yum. 

I hope this will save a weeknight for you! Tomorrow is Wednesday you know ;)



Happy mid-week eating!

Comments

Popular Posts