The Great Norway Adventure: Day One, Part Two

Well after collecting my brain, mom and I decided to go out into the city and get some NORWEGIAN food! You can't really justify eating much else in a new country except for that country's fare. We also realized it is incredibly tricky to get anywhere from our hotel. Our initial excursion included skirting a bus station and winding through a shopping mall just to cross the street.  (We would later find that the Underground also serves as a safe way to cross the street. And pick up a treat from 7-Eleven)

Our particular. Norwegian restaurant was tucked across the street from what in think is a daily Farmers Market with flowers that have blooms bigger than any I've seen state-side. Prior to dinner we got a bread basket with a delicious white bread and the flattest flatbread I've ever had. And then on the menu I saw Whale Steak. Pretty much everything else faded away and I knew that would be my dinner. And yes, I was a bit nervous about my choice - but when in Rome....

Whale looks like beef - because whales are mamals. I always forget that....but whales are mamals! It tasted like somewhat fishy beef - it was softer than beef is (not as firm/tough) and was cooked to medium rare. Mom had an AMAZING mixed seafood stew laden with butter, cream, and olive oil. Needless to say we slept well :) 

**Although I took a picture of the window at 22:00 and it is ridiculously light out. I don't think it went dark until about 2:00? Might need a sleeping mask out here!


I'm waiting for my cell phone to connect to internet - all of my photos are there. Once I am on I will share photos!! Sorry to keep you in suspense.....

Comments

Popular Posts