W30 Day 6

Well I'm getting there. Today was something of a rough day - one of the PP clinics in my affiliate was held by an active shooter for over 6 hours. Needless to say my head was NOT on what I was going to eat, but rather if my coworkers and our patients were okay. Earlier in the day I'd made a batch of soup, and thank goodness I did because soup is something that has always made my heart feel better.

Breakfast was something I'd been waiting for: scrambled eggs with ham and hollandaise. I love hollandaise and I'm so glad it's something I can eat. I licked my plate clean! Honestly if things don't calm down around here I may break out breakfast potatoes with holldandaise (that's the ultimate in comfort food for me)

Lunch #1: a little plate of turkey with red chile powder, and some of my leftover scallloped sweet potatoes

Lunch #2: butternut squash and apple soup. Just what I needed when things weren't okay.


Dinner: this was one of those meals I had to force myself to eat. I wasn't really hungry but I knew I would wake up in the middle of the night completely ravenous, so in a feeble attempt to cheer myself up I made "greens, egg and ham" (get it?). It was fine - it was food. 

Tonight I'm going to count my blessings that I am safe at home, and that I have far fewer emotions to juggle than some of my coworkers. In an effort to be better I'm going to attack these emotions; I didn't try to eat my stress today which was fantastic, so I'm going to continue to work on moving past how I feel. Because I can :)

Comments

Popular Posts