Challenge Day 1

Not surprisingly, the first day in my Whole30 challenge wasn't a huge deal. Honestly the first day doing anything new is never too hard. Check-in with me on day 5, 12 or 20 ;) But I did furiously prep in the kitchen! I think my final production tally comes to:

homemade almond milk
homemade mayonnaise
bone broth
poorly hard boiled eggs (I still can't make the damn things at altitude!!!)
grilled chicken breast
made leek/cauliflower soup
turnip green chips
made braised mexican beef for dinner
curried chicken grape salad for lunch tomorrow

It was a super productive day if I do say so myself :) 

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs & sauerkraut**
Lunch: 2 poorly hardboiled eggs
Dinner: Mexican Braised beef lettuce cups

**I found the GREATEST sauerkraut the other day. It's a horseradish & leek sauerkraut and it's amazing. I got a green chile pork sausage for breakfast tomorrow and I think I'll have some kraut with my pork. That feels appropriate, no? :) 

Comments

Popular Posts